09.09.2008 12:10 PM
Panasonic AVC-Intra Gets Avid's Support
Avid Technology Inc.
now offers import and native editing support for Panasonic Broadcast
's AVC-Intra codec.
The Avid products supporting AVC-Intra include:
- Avid Media Composer software — Version 3.0;
- Avid Media Composer Mojo DX — Version 3.0;
- Avid Media Composer Nitris DX — Version 3.0;
- Symphony Nitris DX — Version 3.0;
- Avid NewsCutter software — Version 7.0;
- NewsCutter Mojo DX — Version 7.0; and
- NewsCutter Nitris DX — Version 7.0.
AVC-Intra compression technology provides 10-bit intraframe encoding utilizing the Hi-10 and Hi-422 Intra profiles of H.264 in two modes: AVC-Intra 100 for full-raster mastering video quality and AVC-Intra 50 Mbps for DVCPRO HD.
Panasonic's solid-state 2/3-inch P2 HD camcorders —
the AJ-HPX3000 and AJ-HPX2000 —
offer AVC-Intra capability, as does the AJ-HPM110 P2 mobile recorder/player.
"These new Avid solutions offer real native support for our camera-based codecs including the higher quality performance of AVC-Intra, along with better editing performance and responsiveness of the Avid DX hardware," said Michael Bergeron, strategic technical liaison for Panasonic Broadcast. "The specific value for Panasonic customers is that, in addition to an end-to-end DVCPRO HD workflow, native AVC-Intra editing is possible. And AVC-Intra can also transcode to an end-to-end Avid DNxHD workflow."