08.07.2003 12:00 AM
Omneon to Showcase New Features to Media Server System at IBC
Omneon will feature three additional hardware components to its Media Server System at IBC2003. Each of the new system modules can be integrated into current media server system configurations, or combined to make a six-channel play-out server with nearly 72 hours of 12-Mbps video.
The company will also show its line of media interface adapters, the Multiport MIP-3000 series, which increase channel density and provide play-out for up to six channels of MPEG-2 video.
The MCP 2100, an addition to Omneon's Media Server line, integrates multiple high-speed serial busses for live media, Gigabit Ethernet for file transfers that are not live, and dual Fibre Channel Loops for high-performance connectivity to storage arrays.
Other company highlights include:
* Media Store MSC 4400 can hold four disk drives (146 GB) of 2+1 or 3+1configurations, in a single RU chassis.
* The Fibre Channel switch for Omneon's Media Server System. Running at 2GHz, the switch allows systems to expand from three to eight Media Servers, while sharing a common file system across a storage network of nearly 64TB.
* MTS Processor Tool provides the ability to view and extract one or more video and audio programs from an MPEG transport system for storage as elementary MPEG-2 video clips within an Omneon Media Server System.
* PlayTool provides enhanced play-out control and enables users to sequence multiple clips for back-to-back playout.
* RecordTool enables system operators to schedule recording of clips on a regular basis or as a one-time event.
* TransferTool gives Omneon Media Server users the ability to view, copy, manage and transfer media between the company's server systems.